Tips for a Romantic Honeymoon
Tips for a Romantic Honeymoon
- Touch up on some massage techniques. Purchase a book to help you if you are not a masseuse, and perhaps you could read it on your journey to your honeymoon destination.
- Have some mood enhancing massage lotions and oils, such as Ylang Ylang, Lavender, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Jasmine and Patchouli. Ask the Aromatherapist to mix up some romantic blends that will enhance your moods.
- Take along some of your favorite music and have it playing softly in the room. This will be a subtle way of letting your spouse know you are in the mood.
- Lots and lots of candles are always a mood setter. The soft flickering glow has always been the main point of romance. You can take them along with you or you can arrange with the hotel where you will be staying to order and place the candles in your room before you get there - make sure they are placed around the bed and in the bathroom.
- Lingerie is one certain way to get your spouse's heart racing. Black, white or red silk teddies are a good choice. Keep the lingerie a secret and bring it out only half way into your honeymoon - this way it will keep the flame burning all throughout your honeymoon.
- Go to bed wearing your spouse's favorite perfume or cologne.
- Bubbles - for the bath and for sipping in the bath. This is one "vacation" that you will never be able to do over so don't compromise on quality. You want to have the finest French champagne and the best bubble bath (Note: Mr Shipmate is not a romantic choice).
- Have a romantic candlelit dinner on the balcony of your hotel room and continue with the fireworks our on the balcony for a bit of added spice and excitement.
- Relax - stay in one evening and watch romantic movies and just sit in each others arms.
- Take long beach strolls at sunset and have the hotel set up a picnic for you on the sand with blankets, candles and champagne.
- Hire a twin bicycle and ride around town - stop at the local markets and buy fresh flowers and fruit then find a peaceful place where the two of you can just enjoy each others company.
- Go for a hike in a wooded area; take along a picnic with strawberries and cream and bubbly for a private toast to your new marriage.
- Have the hotel fill your room with fresh fragrant flowers like Hyacinths or Gardenias - every time you smell those flowers you will remember your honeymoon for the rest of your life.
- If you prefer a bit of a more steamy night - take along some "toys" that you both enjoy. Although this might be a fun time to bring out the fuzzy handcuffs, remember that if you or your partner feel uncomfortable it may be a better idea to leave them for another time.
- Don't forget to have a camera at hand at all times - it's those unexpected pictures which always turn out the best. Having "naughty" pictures of the two of you on your honeymoon will keep the flame burning for many years to come - be sure to keep them secret and away from your other honeymoon snaps or you may be in for an embarrassing moment with the inlaws.
- Read a steamy book to your new spouse and make sure they listen to the very end - the anticipation will be worth waiting for.
- Wake up extra early just to watch the sun rise together - especially if you spectacular views like rolling hills or the ocean.